Quantum Rush - Trailer Quantum Rush - Trailer

Please don't submit ads; Newgrounds is not the place for you to do so and they will most likely be blammed.

Grenade Dancer Grenade Dancer

Grenades Go BOOM!

This makes me want to dance with grenades. Hilarious.

Goblins at the Gates Goblins at the Gates

I wanted to like this game, but in the end I just couldn't.

Reasons why I like it:
1. The graphics were very nicely done and I liked the individual traits for each monster.
2. Even though it was tough at the beginning, I liked the difficulty factor.
3. I enjoyed killing multiple creatures in a row, because their death cries were fun to hear.
4. Game mechanics were smooth and it was a fun time-waster.

Reasons why I didn't:
1. It took forever to get an upgrade and the game is dreadfully repetitive.
2. The excessive clicking became annoying after a while.
3. The death cries became an irritant and wand's noise was too loud.
4. I spent a lot of time playing the game and when I got to Level 29, I became enraged. The level is obviously rigged to fail so that the player will spend money on the premiums. I have no intention of doing that and I feel that it's something few of the people playing the game on Newgrounds would actually do. If Level 29 wasn't so blatantly a cheat, I would have given the game a pass, but after I spent that much time playing this asinine game I wanted some closure. Now I just feel that I wasted my time on this.

On the bright side, I had a wonderful finger exercise.

Frederik77 responds:

Thanks for your list of pros and cons, not everybody will go into such detail in a review, but we do appreciate it. And if you've cooled down from your rage quit, we can only hope you will try the re-balanced version of the game.

Gravity Duck 2 Gravity Duck 2

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed the first Gravity Duck. Therefore, it gives me great pleasure to find that you've made a sequel! It's quite similar to the first one, but the different background and enemies make this captivating nonetheless. The music was quite enjoyable as well. The gameplay itself is very inventive, being simultaneously fun and challenging. I look forward to your next game.

Animal Puncher Animal Puncher

Violence and Inevitability

In response to all the negative reviews and criticism being given to this game, I think I should say something in its defense. I do not normally give reviews, but the blatant misunderstanding of this game's meaning makes me feel that some people just don't understand this game. This is an art game. The creator, AustinBreed even puts the classification of his games on his profile. I've played A Mother in Festerwood, and even though it has an average score, it's an extraordinarily beautiful game. AustinBreed is a prolific flash artist and this game is not the work of a disturbed individual. Rather, this is created by someone who wants to get a message across and I believe that he does this brilliantly. Animal Puncher is designed to make you think and I believe few people are thinking of the game's meaning the way the creator wanted it to be thought.

People are quick to expound this as promoting animal cruelty and the progression of a serial killer. I believe that that belief is wrong. The player controls an unidentified teenager whose friend is the disturbed one. The player is just a bystander who is forced by peer pressure to kill the animals. The point of this game isn't to kill animals or promote violence; it does something deeper than that. It explores the depths which humanity can descend into. The animal puncher, as I shall call him, is plagued by dreams of watching his mother die trapped in a car. The dream segment puts the helplessness and inability to save his mother right into the player's perspective; no matter how much you bash the keys, you are forced to watch his mother slowly die. The inevitability is present right from the start and this is has a very profound effect on my understanding of the game.

The player is not entirely innocent as well. At the beginning of the game, the player is asked to contribute to the animal's demise and in doing so, injures it more grievously than the animal puncher himself. For those who played this game all the way through the violent ending and condemned it, there is a bit of a hypocrite in that person. Anytime throughout the game, that person could have stopped, but in most cases, continued. Those who realize this after the game's end must know that they are no less free of guilt than the animal puncher himself. In a way, the animal puncher's anonymous friend; the player, symbolizes the animal puncher himself: he is helpless to the proceedings of the events that follow the initiation into the violence. I doubt that anyone who was far into the game would have stopped. We have all become desensitized to violence.

In shooter games, we are glad to take the life of another without thinking about the history of the people themselves, what a childhood they must have had and the events culminating to their death. We are caught up in the frenzy of violence that sweeps over us like a drug and all we care about is the bottom line; the medals and achievements and tasks accomplished. If the animals were substituted for human beings in this game, there would hardly be any outburst. Animals jar us from the mindless killing and force us to think about the victims themselves, instead of just achieving a goal. The animals are innocent, they have done no wrong and do not deserve such a gruesome death. They are even drawn cute in the game to entice a shocked reaction from us. The people who protest that this game is violence toward animals are rightly justified. It is, but they often overlook the violence toward sentient, human beings in first person shooters. It is oftentimes mindless fun and violence. This game is controversial precisely because it is the end of our fantasies and the waking up to a nightmare.

This game is not mindless violence. I felt an intense sadness while playing this game. The whole atmosphere was wrong and it wasn't the animal cruelty. Once you overlook the animals, this game says something about us. It is disturbing because it forces us to think about things we would rather not think about. It is always easy to be mindless drones. Thinking is very hard.

Night Lights Night Lights

I really like this song! The synths reminds me of Kavinsky's NightcallI and it has a retro 80s sound, which I love. When I was playing the game the music was the most striking part. It fits in perfectly with the game's theme and the mystery of what is concealed (and revealed) by the lights. The song has a really nice dreamlike atmosphere and I love the progression of the piece; the sound doesn't stagnate.

10/10: Wunderbar!

~NK~ "Salamander" Extended ~NK~ "Salamander" Extended

Frenetic Fun

I have probably listened to this loop over 20 times in a row. It's just that awesome. I love this loop.